Sunday, March 27, 2011

The concept of libraries are too hard to grasp for some people

Libraries are pretty notorious for a couple of things, books, librarians (either the "sexy" librarian or the old mean ones), and silence. I think the whole point of going to a library to do homework or study is to be surrounded by resources and to be in a quiet area where you can concentrate.

I guess these 2 girls a table away don't understand the concept of a library. My hate of the day: girls that need to retell their weekend stories to each other in a library.

I give them credit to being semi-quite given that they are speaking in relatively low voices. Yet you are literally 15 feet away from me and I can hear your convo. If you want to chit chat with your friend then go grab a cup of coffee in a cafe, in one of your dorm rooms, or better yet first floor of the library. Why in the world did you come here to talk to your friend for over an hour? It's the library, there are signs stating quiet all over the place, what don't you understand?

I guess your weekend was SO fun that you couldn't bear to not retell the crazy nonsense you encountered over the weekend to your best bud. However, there are so many other settings that this is more appropriate for.

I hope one day you lose your voice because your not considerate enough to have it. Learn some better social manners and stay in the Starbucks where your little social pow wow belongs.

5 comments:

  1. This. Every time I try to touch up an essay before printing, someone somewhere feels compelled to voice their completely uninteresting weekend to the whole library. Skids...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should have retold what they were telling in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! This happens all the time especially when I have to cram in an assignment or study for a test. There just always seems to be girls ranting about whatever it is in close proximity. I hope they stumble upon your blog posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha thats why you have to post up on the 3rd floor.. SILENCE

    ReplyDelete